Some dishes always makes the foodie in me excited. I would say salted mango is one of them 🙂 Here is a dish that uses it.
- Uppu Manga (salted mangoes in brine): 2 medium
- Grated Coconut: 3/4 cup
- Bird’s eye chilli : 4-5 Nos. Can be replaced with Green chilli
- Curry leaves : 3-4 leaves
- Curd : 1 teaspoons
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon (to taste)
- Water: 1-2 teaspoons .This & salt can be replaced by the salted water from mangoes
- Mustard : 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5 nos.
- Red Chilli: 1 No
- Oil : 2 teaspoons
Step1: Take out the seed from the mango and cut into small pieces.
Step2: In a mixer grinder, add mango, grated coconut, bird’s eye chilli, curry leaves, salt, curd and water and grind for 1-2 minutes. Add more salt if required.
Step3: Keep a small frying pan on heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add mustard and allow it to pop. Add red chilli and curry leaves. Switch off the flame and pour this mixture into the mix from Step2.
Yummy & tangy Uppumanga chutney goes well as a side dish with rice.